Tue, 03 Nov|
I Love My Body - Gratitude Workshop
An evening of gratitude, connection and creativity celebrating our wonderful bodies
Time & Location
03 Nov 2020, 19:00
About the Workshop
In this workshop I want to create a positive, safe space where we can celebrate and share gratitude for our human suits and connect with other awesome womxn.
I wrote the song "I Love My Body" as a thank you note to my body, to all the trillions of cells that work together every moment of every day to keep me alive on this planet. My heart has been beating every second since I was born, and I never have to ask it to, it just does it. My lungs breathe in and out air constantly, never asking for thanks or anything in return. I started seeing this as unconditional love that my body was showing me and decided it’s time to show my body gratitude and thank it for all it does for me.
In the session we will...
- Talk about practising gratitude to ourselves and our bodies
- Reflect on what we love about ourselves and what we are learning to love
- Write our own verse to my song "I Love My Body", which double up as your own personal gratitude affirmations you can write on a post-it note and stick on your bathroom mirror, or anywhere else you'll see it every day. Don't worry, you don't need any previous musical experience, it will be super simple and you don’t have to share it with the group if you don’t feel like it.
- And at the end of the session I’ll guide us through a simple gratitude meditation. I ask for 1 hour of your time (give or take depending on how many people join).
It will be interactive so I would love if you would join in with video and audio (no worries at all if you don't feel comfortable with this!). It’s a judgement-free safe space, comfy PJs are encouraged.
You will need:
- Pen and paper (preferably a journal/note book so you can look back later)
- A cup of tea (or any other cosy beverage of your choosing)
- Post-it notes (not mandatory, paper and blu-tac/tape will work too)
This event is for gals and non-binary pals only, sorry lads.
Here's a link to the song if you want to listen to it before the workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vwuNPt4WnM
A little disclaimer: I am not a doctor, health professional or therapist. I just want to create a space where we can celebrate our bodies and to share some love, gratitude and positivity.
I Love My Body - Workshop
Your ticket for the I Love My Body workshop Tuesday 3rd November 2020.